Have you ever thought “If only they could see how I work or work with me first, they would definitely book me!”? Experiences are really important and can make for powerful marketing. You can do this online with tools like Periscope and our guest today does it in person in a big (and very awesome) way at big fake weddings that she organizes. You are going to love this!
Today’s Guest: Callie Murray
Callie Murray started The Big Fake Wedding (then called The NotWedding) in 2008 and has been blessed by steady growth of the company in the midst of cross-country moves with her Navy husband and the births of her three little girls. Callie currently manages the staff and handles the big-picture elements of the company: where we’re going next, who’s taking us there, what we are going to do when we get there.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- How Callie took the bridal show idea and turned it into The Big Fake Wedding
- The power of giving experiences versus just giving information
- How the try before your buy idea can apply to the wedding industry
- How powerful vendor relationships can be
- How Callie manages to nurture relationships with over 1000 vendors
- How to make sure you’re maintaining relationships over time because that’s the key to getting more business & growing.
- Tools to help you keep in touch with important contacts without overwhelming yourself.
- Why it’s so important to provide value in your follow up and not just nag people.
- How to manage the waves of busy & dead work periods.
- How Callie’s time management strategy lets her spend time with her 3 kids and have a life.
- The importance of boundaries, batching and knowing when to stop working for the day.
- The importance of having a personal support network.
- How to build a team to support you & your business.
- Why trying to do it all yourself is a recipe for burnout.
- Why doing it all is as ridiculous as Michael Jordan cutting his own lawn.
- Steps to take if you’re just getting started with building a team.
- How to make it so that you can step away from your business and it runs without you.
Link & Resources mentioned in this episode:
More from Callie:
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!