Do you have a desire to give back or be socially conscious in your wedding business? Many wedding professionals want to use their business for more than just making money but that can feel impossible if you’re not exactly raking it in.
In this podcast episode you’ll hear from Danielle Calhoun about how you can have a brand that is generous and supports causes you believe in without breaking the bank. In fact, you’ll see how it can be a business asset and help you grow!
Today’s Guest: Danielle Calhoun
Danielle Calhoun, wedding photography turned humanitarian, speaker and socially conscious wedding blogger, founded Black Sheep Bride in 2014. After traveling to several developing countries to capture non-profits, orphanages, and social impact projects, she often came home conflicted about the wedding industry she was supported by. Black Sheep Bride was born to highlight the amazing people in the wedding world that use their love to serve others. By providing this much needed outlet to the wedding community, the brand took off in rapid speed and she has been recognized as one of the most disruptive industry leaders in the wedding world.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- Why Danielle focuses on weddings that give back
- How wedding professionals can give back or be socially conscious
- The 3 ways to give back
- The 3 types of givers
- How to start adding giving into your business
- Why you should start small when you’re giving back
- How giving back can actually help your business and attract your ideal clients
- How giving can re-energize you
- How to get started even if your market isn’t aware of socially conscious weddings
- How to use a social cause to set yourself apart from your competitors & get more bookings
- Why you shouldn’t (and can’t) say yes to everything
- How being socially conscious can help you connect with like-minded vendors
- The clear boundaries you should set about what you will and will not do to avoid burnout
Links & Resources:
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!