Too many wedding professionals rock the creative side of their business but neglect their finances. That leads to feeling like you’re working really hard for not much money and that’s exhausting and defeating. Today’s guest is an expert in helping entrepreneurs manage their money and I think he will convince you that you need to raise your prices.
Today’s Guest: Mark Butler
Mark Butler is the founder of Budget Nerd. Mark provides bookkeeping services to entrepreneurs like you, but unlike many bookkeepers, he also acts as their Chief Financial Officer, helping them to understand their financial position and to steer them on track.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- How so many business owners neglect to pay themselves the way they should.
- Why you can’t earn your way out of any problem and how Mark learned that the hard way.
- The importance of making sure your investments are actual investments that will generate a return for you.
- What it means to purchase revenue.
- What to look for when buying a course.
- How to know what you can afford to spend on hiring an assistant.
- Why you’re overwhelmed and too busy (it’s not what you think).
- How raising your prices can make your life and business a lot easier.
- The arrogance of underpricing.
- Just how far off your first instinct on your prices really is.
- How to use pricing to attract more of the right clients.
- How to manage your money in a seasonal business so you aren’t rich one month and poor the next.
- The 3 kinds of money in your business.
- The dangers of fuzzy money.
- How to reduce financial stress with a cash reserve.
Is Your Marketing Ready For Engagement Season?
Engagement season is a huge opportunity for your wedding business. Are you prepared to make the most of it?
Link & Resources mentioned in this episode:
Crossing The Chasm
The Lean Startup
You Need A Budget (YNAB)
How to make financial decisions based on what’s Actual, Pending, and Possible
Join Mark and I for a free webinar that will help your maximize your profit! (I promise it’s easier than you might think and you’re going ot LOVE this)
More from Mark:
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!