Today’s Guest: Nova Reid
Nova Reid is the founder of multi-award winning blog Nu Bride that celebrates and encourages diversity in the wedding industry. She is a real advocate for equality and works as a diversity culture change consultant for progressive brands and businesses, using her background in mental health to work from the inside out and from the top down to inspire long-lasting culture change.
Nova is also a qualified NLP Practitioner specializing in mental wellbeing, with extensive experience and training in mental health, working across many sectors; including creative industries, education, and notably with organizations such as MIND charity. Nova is a frequent speaker and invited as a regular mentor at the Women of The World Festival.
Nova is passionate about working with clients and organizations holistically to encourage and inspire positive change, to enable them to step into their truest potential and be the change they want to see.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- Why diversity & inclusion are important
- The intentional steps you can take to be more inclusive
- What to do if you only have one kind of couple in your portfolio
- How to visually represent the people you want to attract
- Why big businesses are getting on board with being more diverse in their marketing
- How to examine your own prejudices
- How to take a critical look at your images
- Why the wedding media upholds and perpetuates a narrow and uninclusive idea of a bride
- How the engagement of Meghan Markle & Prince Harry is making waves about diversity
- The very real cost of neglecting to incorporate diversity into your marketing and business
- The small changes you can make to be more inclusive
Register for the free training: How To Make Marketing Your Wedding Business Easier & More Effective
Want to make marketing your wedding business easier? This is the training for you!
Link & Resources mentioned in this episode:
More from Nova:
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
Want more? To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!
Fill out the form and you'll get an email as soon as the new Wedding Business Collective tiers launch!