Have you ever been distracted a new shiny object when you know you should be focusing on the task at hand? You’re not alone! After all, creatives have endless ideas and it can be hard to maintain focus. Listen to this episode to find out how to beat Shiny Object Syndrome and focus on the important things in your wedding business.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- What Shiny Object Syndrome is and why you experience it
- Why you don’t have to keep up with everything
- How to use your goals to stay focused
- The importance of an idea parking lot
- How Shiny Object Syndrome can indicate fear
- What Just In Time Learning is and how to implement it
- How to ensure you still have space to be creative
- How to pre-empt and curb distractions
- How accountability can help you avoid Shiny Object Syndrome
- How saying “no” can be incredibly freeing
Start your free 10 day trial to The Wedding Business Collective!
Everything you need to grow your wedding business is waiting for you inside!
Links & Resources:
Episode 86: Turning Your Wedding Business Goals Into Action Plans
Episode 109: How To Conduct An Annual Review That Will Improve Your Wedding Business
Clone Your Best Clients book
Join me in the Facebook group and share what you learned!
The Wedding Business Collective – check out the new VIP tier!
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!