Would you like more referrals from wedding planners, wedding venues, and other wedding vendors? Referrals are wedding business gold. It’s business that comes to you, without having to do a lot of marketing or advertising, and typically the clients that come to you via referrals are fantastic. The problem is that referrals are so human and relationship based so it can be hard to figure out what exactly you need to do and how often in order to get more of them.
Today’s podcast guest shines a light on exactly what you need to do to get referred by wedding planners and other wedding vendors. Getting on a preferred vendors list can seem like a mystery but in this episode, we’re going behind the curtain and digging into what actually works to get more referrals.
Today’s Guest: Josey Stafford
Josey Stafford is a Minneapolis based event planner, focusing on weddings for millennials who want a stress-free engagement and a wedding filled with laughter and awkward hand gestures. As a people connector and lover of all types of herbal tea, she works hard to ensure that her clients are educated and the vendors are happy doing their job.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- The role of gratitude in generating more referrals
- Why you should tell people u referred them and how to do it
- Why responsiveness matters in relationship marketing
- Specific things you can do to get noticed by the people you want to become referral partners with
- Why you should make these people feel special
- How to keep in touch with your wedding vendor contacts in a way that is helpful
- How to utilize blogging to get more referrals
- How to nurture relationships with wedding planners and other vendors
- How and why you need to follow up after a wedding you work with another vendor
- Why you need to ask what’s in it for them
- How to reach out to referral partners the right way
- How to be more intentional with your time
- Josey’s favorite ways to build and nurture relationships
- How to use styled shoots to build relationships with your fellow wedding vendors
- Why you should focus on sweatworking over networking
- Why you need to have a strategy and plan for your marketing
Links & Resources:
Join us inside The Wedding Business Collective to get access to the Coffee Invite Quick Win, the Styled Shoot Masterclass, and the Your Client & Vendor Referral System course
Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk
The Go-Giver by Bob Burg
The One Thing by Gary Keller
More from Josey:
Want more? To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below and be sure to leave a review:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!
Start your free 10 day trial to The Wedding Business Collective!
Everything you need to grow your wedding business is waiting for you inside!