Do you have a contract that you use every time you work with a client? Does it full protect you? Are you sure about that?
Contracts can be a scary topic but in this episode, I’m making them much less scary with today’s podcast guest. She’s showing creatives the dangers of not having a contract and how you can remove the fear and make your contract part of a really great client experience. Frankenstein contracts are scary (it’s in the name!) but the legal stuff in your business doesn’t have to be scary.
Today’s Guest: Christina Scalera
Christina Scalera is the attorney and founder behind The Contract Shop, a contract template store for creative entrepreneurs, wedding professionals, and coaches.
Three years ago, Christina found herself dreaming of pursuing a more creative path, and she started to look for alternatives to her in-house legal job. She explored everything from teaching yoga to becoming a freelance graphic designer to opening an Etsy shop.
In the process, she ended up coming full circle by creating a business that brought the benefit of her legal training to help her fellow creatives.
When she’s not staring at a computer or awkwardly standing on cafe chairs for the perfect overhead latte photo, you can find her in the woods doing things that are sometimes dangerous but always fun, like riding horses, skiing and reluctantly camping.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- Why some wedding professionals don’t have a contract and how this isn’t just an issue for newbies
- Why your contract should be empowering and provide a great customer experience
- Why creatives fear contracts
- The real purpose of a contract
- How to make contracts less scary
- The problem with Frankenstein contracts
- How to deliver your contract as part of a great customer experience
- How to shift your perspective on contracts
- What to do if a potential client is dragging their feet on signing a contract
- How you can use tools to make getting your contracts signed easier
- Steps to take to make your business legally legit
- Why you should file for an EIN
- What an LLC is
- What a trademark is
Start your free 10 day trial to The Wedding Business Collective!
Everything you need to grow your wedding business is waiting for you inside!
Links & Resources:
Start your free 10-day trial to The Wedding Business Collective!
Pick up your contract from The Contract Shop!
My interview with Christina & Reina on The Creative Empire Podcast
What Every Wedding Business Owner Should Know About Mindset
More from Christina:
Want more? To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below and be sure to leave a review:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!
It takes a lot of time and money to make this content for you. I’m happy to do it, but I also offset some of that cost by earning money through the affiliate links in this post. Of course, I’d never recommended anything that I don’t truly believe will help you. I think it’s pretty obvious I’m out to help 🙂 Please enjoy!