World Mental Health Day is observed every October 10th with the goal of raising awareness about mental health and destigmatizing it. 1 in 4 people will have some sort of mental or neurological disorder at some point in their lives so these issues are far more common than you might think. In an effort to share lessons that I’ve learned and raise awareness, I’m sharing my story with you.
Surprisingly, bipolar disorder did more to prepare me for entrepreneurship more than most things in life. I think you’ll find some interesting lessons you can apply for yourself in this episode whether you’re currently dealing with mental health issues or not. After all, you are your businesses’ most vital asset and it is incredibly important to take care of yourself.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- What World Mental Health Day is all about
- My personal story in dealing with mental health issues
- Why I’m not ashamed of having bipolar disorder and how I look at it
- How I deal with my bipolar disorder and what has worked for me
- What I learned about being an entrepreneur from having bipolar disorder
- Why you absolutely must learn to put your own oxygen mask on first in everything you do
- What you can do for yourself if you’re dealing with mental health issues
- How you can be supportive if someone you know is dealing with their own mental health issues
Register for the free training: How To Create An Overwhelm-Squashing Marketing Plan
Want to make marketing your wedding business easier? This is the training for you!
Links & Resources:
World Mental Health Day 2018
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (US)
Suicide Hotlines by Country
BetterHelp Affordable Therapy
What Being Bipolar Has Taught Me About Business
The Constant Struggle To Make Time For Self Care
Episode 59: Mental Health, Managing Busy-ness, Styled Shoots & Revenue Streams with Chelsea LaVere
Join me in the Facebook group and share what you learned!
The Wedding Business Collective – start your free trial!
Did you enjoy this episode?
Click here to leave an iTunes review and help more wedding professionals find the show! Not sure how to do that? I’ve got you covered with instructions right here!