Juggling a wedding business and a full-time job or a part-time job can be difficult but it is possible! In order to grow your wedding business, you’ll need to get very intentional about what you spend your time on and that is an incredibly valuable skill to develop. There are some real benefits to keeping your job while you grow your wedding business on the side and we’ll get into those in this episode. Today’s guest has some fantastic advice for juggling your growing wedding business and your job without losing it.
Today’s Guest: Katelyn Stanis
Katelyn Stanis is the owner and creator of Wedding Words, a wedding vow and speech writing service. She helps tongue-tied couples from across the U.S. tie the knot through her one-on-one custom vow writing service and online vow writing course. With a BA in Journalism, Katelyn has always adored asking people the right questions to unearth their own vibrant story. Today, she uses that same passion to discover the details of a couple’s love story and collaborates to put their heart into words. Katelyn has been featured in The New York Times, The Everygirl, Bridal Musings, Wedding Chicks, and Aisle Perfect.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- How to create a schedule for yourself
- Knowing what to outsource
- Why you’re still credible even if your business is your side hustle
- The risk of quitting your job too soon
- How you can be your own funder
- Where your time is best spent in your business
- How opportunity cost can rob you
- How to set the right goals
- How to make the time to work on your wedding business
- Why your goals need a number attached to them
- Why it’s important to be compassionate with yourself
- Why you need a support system
- How to stay organized
- Something has got to give and you get to choose what it is
- Why you need to be compassionate with yourself
- How working on your business while you have a job makes you more intentional and productive
Register for the free training: How To Squash Overwhelm With A Marketing Plan
Want to make marketing your wedding business easier? This is the webinar for you!
Links & Resources:
Start your free 10-day trial to The Wedding Business Collective!
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
Self-Compassion by Kristen Neff
The 4 Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
My Next 90 Days
90x Goal Planner
Episode 113: Getting Your Life Back with Systems & Delegation with Jamie Russell
Episode 112: Why Systems Are Sexy & Can Transform Your Wedding Business
15 Simple Hacks To Be More Productive & Less Stressed
More from Katelyn:
Want more? To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below and be sure to leave a review:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!