Copywriting is more than just writing, it digs deep into emotions & motivations and this interview with Nikki Groom digs deep too into not just copywriting, but also your why, the dreaded about page, rebranding, burnout & underpricing.
Today’s Guest: Nikki Groom
Nikki Groom is an ink slinger, writing for women entrepreneurs all over the globe, helping them to articulate what they do in a way that makes the world sit up and take notice. Her motto is Being who you are + doing things your way = being impossible to ignore. With a motto like that she is a woman after my own heart.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- What copywriting is exactly & the mistakes most people make
- What is your mission and why does that matter?
- That it’s totally okay not to cater to everyone
- How exactly to inject more of yourself into your copy
- What is your why and why does that matter?
- How to write a rockin’ about page
- Why Nikki rebranded from Nikki Groom to The F Factor
- How Nikki burned out and what it had to do with her pricing
- Why Nikki decided to double her prices and what happened
- It is your business – you are in control
- 4 key questions to ask yourself in order to improve your writing
Resources & Links mentioned in this episode include:
The Inner Circle
Prairie Star Photography’s amazing About Page demonstrating her Why
What Is Your Why?
Nikki’s post on burning out
Changing from Nikki Groom to The F Factor
Why & How Nikki Doubled Her Prices
The Power Of Being Unpopular
Get Nikki’s ebook covering the 4 Questions for free when you sign up via the form on this page
My report that shows you how I schedule my social media posts in just 30 minutes per week
More from Nikki
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
Have a question or an idea for a guest or topic you’d like me to cover?
If you have a question that you’d like answered or a suggestion please visit my SpeakPipe Page and quickly and easily record a voicemail question for me to answer for you!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it! Not sure how? Just watch the video below and I’ll show you!