How do you relocate a wedding business successfully so you don’t find yourself in a new location without any way to generate clients? That can be a challenge and it is something I’ve seen many wedding professionals struggle with so I wanted to talk to someone who has done it successfully more than once. In this episode, we’re digging into how to prepare your wedding business for a move and hit the ground running when you get to your new location.
Today’s Guest: Cinnamon Wolfe
Cinnamon Wolfe is a former corporate gal turned photographer, private photo editor and educator. She is a retired Army wife, stepmom, pet mom and the friendliest introvert you’ll ever meet. She is obsessed with helping others they are capable of so much more than they think they are. She is a self-proclaimed podcast junkie and hosts her own show…Focused Podcast! Her life goals are almost as big as her Netflix obsession and she can always be bribed with a grande Americano and deep conversations.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- How being in a military family = moving (a lot!)
- How Cinnamon focused a lot on SEO but didn’t know what to target
- How she transitions from family photography to wedding photography
- How blogging played a big role in her business
- How, after moving twice, she found new people in her new locations
- How to network as an introvert
- How to make the most out of networking
- What Cinnamon learned about moving with a photography business
- How she shifted her business to be more mobile based on her other strengths
- How she aligns her business with her lifestyle wants
- How openly talking about her business when moving to a new place helped a lot
- The importance of research when moving your business
- How to tap into your personal network
- How Cinnamon is planning to work from the road
Is Your Marketing Ready For Engagement Season?
Engagement season is a huge opportunity for your wedding business. Are you prepared to make the most of it?
Links & Resources:
Rising Tide Society Tuesday Together
Save 50% off of your first year with HoneyBook
Clone Your Best Clients
How I built This with Guy Raz
Episode 153: Making More Money Doing Fewer Weddings with Liz Grimes
More from Cinnamon:
Want more? To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below and be sure to leave a review:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!