Today’s Guest: Maria Northcott
Native New Englander. Former schoolteacher. Sought-after wedding officiant. Of all the labels that describe Maria Northcott, however, the one you’ll hear most often is “creator of community.” It’s not just weddings that are Maria’s passion — it’s the people at the heart of those weddings. Whether it’s couples planning their wedding or the professionals who serve them, Maria thrives on building relationships and making connections.
In 2015, she quit her full-time job to free her heart and soul to do exactly that. Not only is Maria in demand as an officiant by couples across the country, but she’s also the founder of the Maine Wedding Network, fostering a sense of collaboration and support among professional wedding vendors throughout Maine.
Whether it’s by the wood stove in her midcoast cottage or at one of the many weddings she officiates each year, Maria exudes a warmth that draws people in, makes them feel comfortable, and sends them back into the world with a brighter spark in their eye.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- Action items that you can take
- Maria’s #1 traffic source from social media
- The importance of blogging with Pinterest
- Whether you should only pin your own images or pin the images from others as well
- Why you should pin the same image to different boards
- Why you should avoid having too many images in a real wedding blog post
- How many times you should pin a day
- Why consistency is better than quantity
- When to post seasonal pins
- How Google and Pinterest interact and impact SEO
- The unspoken roles of social media
- Why it’s your job to educate potential clients
- Writing descriptions for your pins
- How to optimize your Pinterest bio and boards
Want to make your marketing easier & more effective?
Links & Resources:
Episode 99: How Email Marketing Can Get You More Wedding Business Leads
Episode 102: Profitable Secrets Google Analytics Has For Your Business with Shea Bailey
Everything You Need To Know About Pinterest Analytics
Clone Your Best Clients
More from Maria:
Want more? To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below and be sure to leave a review:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!