Mental health is incredibly important but it’s something that doesn’t get talked about as often and as openly as it should. Mental health is important for everyone but it’s especially important for entrepreneurs. After all, you are the asset in your business! You need to protect that asset at all costs and part of that is managing your mental health. In this episode, we’re digging into personal experiences with mental health issues.
Today’s Guest: Lindsey Nickel
Lindsey is a marketing and business strategist for wedding planners who want to be fully booked with wonderful clients. She provides doable, focused action steps based on her many years as a wedding planner. Lindsey’s work is featured on CNN.com, Style Me Pretty, Brides, The Knot Yours Truly book, YahooFinance, Rising Tide Society, and more.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- When to listen to your body and take time off
- The importance of taking time to relax
- How Lindsey struggles with anxiety and depression
- The importance of sleep
- What depression feels like
- How excercise can help with both deression and anxiety
- How the seasons can impact your mental health
- Making moderation your friend
- The cult of hustle
- How to find a therapist and/or psychiatrist
- How journaling and meditation can help
- What Lindsey journals about
- The role of gratitude
- Dealing with the stigma of mental health
Want to make your marketing easier & more effective?
Links & Resources:
Episode 128: How Bipolar Disorder Made Me A Better Business Owner & Dealing With Mental Health Issues
Episode 157: Why Taking Time Off Matters & How To Make It Happen
Free mini course: How to Stand Out in a Flooded Wedding Planner Market
Clone Your Best Clients
If you or someone you know has a mental health problem, here are some helpful links:
More from Lindsey:
Want more? To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below and be sure to leave a review:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!