Do you show up as the subject matter expert that you are in your industry and market? When you show up with this kind of authority, you become the clear go-to person for your ideal clients and you attract them like a magnet. In fact, today’s guest was able to completely eliminate her marketing costs for her planning business after focusing on building authority! We also talked about how wedding pros are creating bridezillas and how vendors can develop better relationships that benefit everyone in this episode of the podcast.
Today’s Guest: Amber Anderson
After a decade in weddings and events, Amber Anderson, founder of Heavenly Day Events, pivoted her career into coaching others while maintaining a role in her planning company in Austin, Texas. As the host of Refine for Wedding Planners, Amber desires to coach and mentor planners via the largest Facebook group exclusively for wedding planners by offering a course, retreat, membership, and templates! Amber is known for having radical honesty, often saying what most people are thinking but won’t say, striving to elevate the industry one conversation at a time.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- What it means to show up as a subject matter expert and why it matters
- The role of blogging in authority building
- How to use panels and surveys to stand out as an authority
- Where to find topics to discuss as an expert
- How to discuss controversial topics without coming off as negative
- Topics Amber has talked about that made her stand out as an industry leader
- How to problem solve in your content
- How to avoid scope creep
- How wedding pros are creating bridezillas
- The importance of boundaries & structure
- How vendors can work better together
Want to make your marketing easier & more effective?
Links & Resources:
Get your free ticket to Book More Weddings Summit!
Wedding Pros You Are Creating Bridezillas
Episode 156: 3 Tips for Blogging for SEO (Even if You Hate Writing!) with Sara Dunn
Episode 79: How To Use Your Blog To Make More Sales with Lacy Boggs
More from Amber:
Want more? To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below and be sure to leave a review:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!