In this podcast episode, you’ll learn about the right way to network with your fellow wedding vendors. A lot of wedding pros make some pretty big mistakes when networking and trying to build these relationships and this podcast episode will make sure you avoid those mistakes and approach your networking with an action plan.
Today’s Guest: Megan Gillikin
Megan Gillikin is a veteran wedding planner, podcast host and international speaker dedicated to making life easier for her fellow wedding pros. Her love for mentoring blossomed from her tumultuous entrepreneurship journey: In 2010 Megan purchased her planning business, A Southern Soiree, and revived the struggling brand into one of North Carolina’s most sought-after firms serving a luxury clientele. Between her own experiences and hearing others’ stories first-hand as the host of the Weddings For Real podcast, Megan now offers new wedding planners an easier way to grow their businesses through her education and community membership, The Planner’s Vault. She has captivated audiences with her warm, personable style as a speaker at events like Wedding MBA, Catersource, WIPA, NACE and others. You can find Megan online at theplannersvault.com, weddingsforreal.com and asouthernsoiree.com.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- Common mistakes wedding pros make when networking
- How Megan purchased her business and rebuilt relationships
- Why spraying and praying doesn’t work
- What not to do when trying to build a relationship with a wedding vendor online
- Why your networking shouldn’t be focused on you
- Questions to ask people you meet at a networking event
- How to look for opportunities to help a wedding pro you want to build a relationship with
- Why you need to find ways to continue to connect
- How to stand out to the people you meet
- Super practical steps you can take to build relationships with other wedding pros
- What to do if you want to get on a preferred vendors list
- How to make networking part of your routine
- How to collaborate with new contacts once a relationship is established
Want to make your marketing easier & more effective?
Links & Resources:
Join The Wedding Business Collective
Episode 172: How To Make Networking Work For Your Wedding Business with Kevin Dennis
Episode 123: How To Get Referred By Wedding Planners & Other Vendors with Josey Stafford
More from Megan:
Want more? To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below and be sure to leave a review:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!