Every wedding business owner wants to turn social media relationships into sales but how do you actually do that? Most wedding pros actually think about social media the wrong way and it results in them not being able to turn those relationships into sales.
What if you stopped thinking about your social media as a portfolio and started treating it like a storybook? What if every single post had a strategy behind it and functioned as a mini sales funnel. That’s entirely possible when you learn how to use social media in a way that turns converts followers and fans into sales. In this episode, our guest is sharing how to approach social media differently so you can turn more relationships into sales.
Today’s Guest: Aleya Harris
Aleya Harris, CPCE is an award-winning marketer and former chef and catering company owner. She is the Owner of Flourish Marketing, an agency that provides marketing education, strategy, and tools to help wedding and creative professionals get and keep a consistent stream of clients. Aleya is a StoryBrand Certified Guide. She uses that narrative-based framework to develop clear, engaging, and highly converting marketing assets, like email sales funnels and social media solutions, for her clients. Aleya is the current Marketing Committee Chair and Black Caucus Chair for NACE as well as a WeddingPro Educator for 2021. She is also a top speaker at conferences and events such as Catersource and The Special Event.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- How most wedding pros are thinking about social media the wrong way
- Why any type of marketing you do needs a strategy
- Mindset shifts needed to be successful on social media
- Why your social media isn’t a portfolio
- The sorts of stories to tell in your marketing
- How Star Wars relates to your marketing
- Why you should think of each social media post as its own mini funnel
- Why captions matter
- What to write about in your captions
- How to use calls to action on social media
- The importance of consistency
- Why you should stop searching for the silver bullet
- Social media is not a quick fix strategy
- Why social media is not an attraction strategy
- How to choose what to post about on social media
- Why you should aim to repel non-ideal clients
- How clarity makes you money
Want to make your marketing easier & more effective?
Links & Resources:
Join us inside The Wedding Business Collective!
Download Aleya’s trust-building social media templates
Episode 173: Crafting A Social Media Strategy That Books Weddings with Hunter Niland Welling
Building A StoryBrand
More from Aleya:
Want more? To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below and be sure to leave a review:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!