If you find yourself busy with client work and yet you’re still not making the kind of money you’d like, or if you’d like to avoid that situation before it happens, you’re going to love this interview!
Today’s Guest: Marley Majcher
Marley Majcher, CEO of The Party Goddess!, has planned events for A-list celebs such as Pierce Brosnan, Sofia Vergara, Britney Spears and Gwyneth Paltrow and now, with her book, But Are You Making Any Money? she has become a sought-after expert on issues and trends facing entrepreneurs and small business owners.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- The most common pricing mistakes people make
- Why you’re busy but have nothing to show for it
- Why you need to know the real cost of doing business
- How to calculate your true hourly rate and that rate may shock you
- Why you should track your time
- The importance of having a walkaway point
- Why you need to be intentional when you set your prices and make sure they all have reasons & ROI
- How value is different than price
- Why you shouldn’t work harder & why you should work smarter instead
- The importance of considering what’s in it for the customer
- Why copying other people’s pricing is a recipe for disaster
- How to figure out if your business is viable and what to do if it’s not
Resources & Links mentioned in this episode include:
Minimum Viable Product
The Lean Startup
The E-Myth Revisited
But Are You Making Any Money?: Stop Being Busy and Start Creating Cash
My report that shows you how I schedule my social media posts in just 30 minutes per week
More from Marley:
Website: www.thepartygoddess.com & www.theprofitgoddess.com
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it! Not sure how? Just watch the video below and I’ll show you!