Millennials are different. They are the first generation to grow up in the digital age and their values & behavior differs from other generations. That means we have to market to them differently and today’s guest will help you do that. We also discuss vendor love and why you should focus on building relationships with your fellow vendors if you really want to succeed.
Today’s Guest: J Sandifer
J is the founder of Lulawed and he lives and breathes the wedding industry. He caught the startup bug, from 2003 – 2011, helping 2 different wedding businesses grow and ultimately be acquired, the 2nd by Wedding Wire. J has photographed over 100 weddings and brings that intimate experience to the table to help others grow their wedding related businesses. He’s a big thinker, understands how technology works and has a passion for marketing great things.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- The changes wedding professionals need to make to market to millennials
- Why being yourself is important when marketing to millennials
- The importance of having a mobile-friendly website
- The 6 types of millennials
- How marketing is like walking up a down escalator
- The impact of the sharing economy on the wedding industry
- Your hidden marketing network that you are most likely overlooking
- How to grow your business through Vendor Love
- Why your blog should be a resource for your potential clients
- Why you should stop being intimidated by your competition
- How you can be a connector & provide value for your fellow vendors
- Why content is king
- How to use social media to be useful & relevant instead of salesy
Resources & Links mentioned in this episode include:
The Inner Circle
Grow Brand Camp
J’s Millennial Infographic that brought us together
The Sharing Economy & The Wedding Industry
Grow Local Ebook
Vendor Love Webinar Series
Get Vendor Love Blog
Are You Doing Marketing Wrong?
5 Styled Shoot Mistakes Your Don’t Know You’re Making
More from J:
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it! Not sure how? Just watch the video below and I’ll show you!
Start your free 10 day trial to The Wedding Business Collective!
Everything you need to grow your wedding business is waiting for you inside!