Is your blog actually bringing you any business? If not, you’re going to love this podcast episode. The way that most wedding professionals use their blogs is seriously missing the mark and it’s something I dig deep into in Book More Weddings Academy. Today’s guest really knows his stuff when it comes to blogging & SEO so get ready to learn exactly what you should be focusing on.
Today’s Guest: Nigel Merrick
Originally from the UK, Nigel is a British guy living and working in Memphis, Tennessee, and he make his living helping other professional photographers succeed in their photography business by simplifying their online marketing and website SEO with strategies that work AND save valuable time.
Nigel has been involved in the photography and computing worlds for over 25 years, and loves helping photographers take advantage of online marketing to further their business.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- The importance of knowing your ideal client and marketing only to them
- How often you should post to your blog
- Why writing conversational posts is more effective
- Why you shouldn’t use your blog to talk about yourself all the time
- What we need to be concerned about when it comes to SEO
- The biggest blog & SEO mistakes photographers are making
- The difference between outbound & inbound marketing
- Why you need to get outside the industry
- The things your blog needs to have
- Why you shouldn’t try to appeal to everyone
- Why you shouldn’t blog every day
- The difference between attention & interest
- Why you should only be using 3-5 photos in your blog post at most
Resources & Links mentioned in this episode include:
Book More Weddings Academy Free Training
Book More Weddings Academy is now open! (until Feb 1st 2015)
Are Liars Tell Stories
Youtility by Jay Baer
The Inner Circle
Why Using Too Many Photographs In Your Blog Posts Is Like Watching A Failed Fireworks Display
More from Nigel:
Check out my interview on Nigel’s podcast: http://photographymarketingmasters.com/podcast/0062-heidi-thompson/
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!