If you are spending any money at all on advertising or plan to in the future, you need to know how to choose the right opportunity for you and track your return on investment. There are also things that you need to have in place before you advertise or you are pretty much taking your money and flushing it down the toilet. Let’s fix that.
Today’s Guest: Christie Osborne
Christie Osborne is a professional marketer by day and a full time blogger practically every other waking minute of the week.
As the Director of Interactive marketing, she works with a 1.1 million dollar advertising budget. As as editor and publisher of Mountainside Bride she has bootstrapped her way into top-wedding blog status. In short she has seen both sides of the ad budget coin she knows what works and what doesn’t work for small businesses marketing online.
Her current passions include teaching small businesses how to get a return on their advertising dollars, email marketing and automation, content marketing, skiing, doodling, and watching cake decorating videos on YouTube.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- Why you shouldn’t spend money on advertising before you have a lead generation system set up in your business
- The difference between strategy & tactics (and why it matters)
- Why new businesses should not spend money on advertising and what they should spend money on
- Why your marketing needs to reflect buyer behavior
- How to research your buyer
- How to get a clearer picture of your ideal client so you know where to advertise
- Why you need to be thinking about what the client is interested in when you advertise
- How to set your advertising goals
- Why you need to set KPIs and what those are
- Why sending traffic to your home page is a waste of money
- Why you should pay attention to the words your ideal clients use
- What you need to create a great advertising campaign (and not waste your money)
- The simple math behind calculating what your return on investment will likely be and how to measure what they actually are.
- How to write a great call to action for your ad
- Why you need to understand your sales cycle
- How to measure your results & your return on investment
- Why paying for ads when you don’t have a lead generation system is like putting a spoiler on a car with no motor.
Resources & Links mentioned in this episode include:
More from Christie:
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it! Not sure how? Just watch the video below and I’ll show you!