If you’ve ever had someone contact you and ask “How much do you charge?” in email, on the phone or in person, you know that it can be frustrating. Alan Berg is joining us in this podcast to discuss how to handle this question when you get it and how to set yourself up to get this question less often and book more weddings in the process.
Today’s Guest: Alan Berg, CSP
With more than 25 years in sales, marketing and sales management, Alan Berg, CSP has been called “North America’s Leading Expert on the Business of Weddings & Events”. He’s a Certified Speaking Professional®, a prestigious designation conferred by the National Speakers Association and one earned by only 12% of speakers worldwide.
Alan is a featured presenter every year at catersource, The Special Event, Wedding MBA, the Irish & Dubai Wedding Summits, and other major industry conferences in North America and internationally.
Alan is now a contributing Education Guru for WeddingWire, the leading wedding technology company. He also speaks and consults for weddingsonline in Ireland, Dubai and India, as well as Guides For Brides in the UK.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- The 4 ways to handle pricing on your site and which is best for you
- How to identify buying signals
- How to ask your potential clients better questions and then shut up & listen
- A WeddingWire study found 88% of couples are looking for pricing information before they are willing to reach out and what that means for your business.
- What to consider when setting your prices
- Why you should not hide your prices
- The goldilocks pricing psychology technique
- How to reframe your mindset so you react differently to pricing questions
- Why you need to ask questions to educated prospects about things they haven’t considered. After all, you are the expert.
- How to communicate the value you provide on your website
- Where to use testimonials
- The 4 things every page on your website needs
- How to best leverage your time with multiple streams of income
- What it means to “sell the results”
Link & Resources mentioned in this episode:
More from Alan:
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!