Your website is your online home base and it’s often the first impression that your potential clients get. Is yours helping your sales or is it sending people running in the other direction? My guest will help you figure that out and what simple steps you can take to improve your website.
Today’s Guest: Brenda Cadman
Brenda Cadman is the owner of WeddingBusinessWebsites.com and has been providing website development services since 2000. In the the past, she has successfully managed both local and national marketing initiatives, but these days her focus is squarely on the wedding industry. A former professional organizer, Brenda loves to spend much of her time building relationships, developing systems and ensuring that clients are delighted with their websites. I am thrilled that Brenda will soon be contributing posts to this site that will help you improve your website even more!
In this episode we’ll cover:
- The surprising findings of Brenda’s reseach on over 500 wedding business websites
- How to make a good first impression with your website
- How to keep your website in line with your brand and ideal client
- Why Flash-based sites are so bad & what to do if you have one
- Why mobile-friendly websites are so important
- Auto-play music and videos and their impact
- The most common mistakes that wedding professionals make with their websites
- How something as seemingly small as your font choice & color choices can repel your ideal client
- How one event planner was hacked and Brenda discovered tht their site redirected to a porn site and they never even knew about it.
- The easy things that you can do to protect your website from hackers
Resources & Links mentioned in this episode include:
Brenda’s Outsmart Your Market Report
Google Apps for Business
Zoho Email Hosting
A comparison of Google Analytics & Stat Counter
3 Things Wedding Professionals Can Do To Protect Your Home Online
Back it up, or lose it.
It doesn’t matter how stunning your site is if your copy is crap
My report that shows you how I schedule my social media posts in just 30 minutes per week
More from Brenda
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
What was the thing that stood out most to you about what Brenda shared in this podcast?
For me, it was that most websites that are hacked are small business websites like ours.
What about you? Leave a comment below!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it! Not sure how? Just watch the video below and I’ll show you!
Start your free 10 day trial to The Wedding Business Collective!
Everything you need to grow your wedding business is waiting for you inside!