Too many wedding professionals make money and then don’t put it to work for them and this podcast is all about changing that. You can put the money you make to work for you and reach financial freedom!
Today’s Guest: Ashley Feinstein Gerstley
Ashley Feinstein Gerstley founded Knowing Your Worth where she works as a certified money coach. Ashley demystifies the world of personal finance and money for her clients whether they are creating a financial plan, negotiating compensation or paying down student loans. She offers one-on-one coaching, workshops, and a 30 Day Money Cleanse. Ashley and her work have been featured on Real Simple, NBC News, Forbes, Yahoo Finance, DailyWorth, Learnvest, Levo League and GoGirl Finance, among others as well as her own blog, the Fiscal Femme.
Ashley worked in the financial services industry for more than five years: first as an investment banker and more recently in corporate finance. She graduated with a bachelor’s in finance from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- Why so many people put off planing for retirement and how to avoid that trap.
- What steps to take to start working toward financial freedom.
- How to figure out how much money you actually need to retire.
- The importance of just getting started – today!
- The retirement tools and accounts available to you.
- Why you need an emergency fund.
- How to keep this process simple.
- The difference between investing and saving money and how to figure out what is right for you.
- Tools you can use to make managing your money a whole lot easier and less time consuming.
- How to start a money journal and how it can help you.
- Why automating your savings & investments is amazing and incredibly powerful.
- How often you should check in on your retirement accounts.
- The importance of paying yourself first.
- How to determine your own personal risk tolerance for investing.
Exclusive Discount for Evolve Your Wedding Business Podcast Listeners!
Do you know you should be investing but aren’t sure where to start?
Or think, “I don’t have enough money to start investing?”
You are not alone! Ashley is here to demystify the wide world of investing for you! The Savvy Investor will empower you with everything you need to know to start investing confidently and competently in just three months. You can find out more about The Savvy Investor course on this page. Click here to get the discount available only to Evolve Your Wedding Business Podcast listeners!
Link & Resources mentioned in this episode:
Episode 61: Managing Your Money & Dealing With Irregular Income with Carrie Smith
Bankrate Retirement Calculator
Money – Master The Game by Tony Robbins
Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
Investment 101: The Building Blocks
How Much Do You Really Need To Start Investing?
Vanguard Risk Assessment
The Profit First Method
More from Ashley:
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!