It’s obvious that our culture glorifies being busy. When you ask someone how they’ve been they always respond with “I’ve been busy”. The problem with being busy is that it’s usually not very productive. You can be busy digging a ditch with a teaspoon but you’re not going to get anywhere. We have to stop glorifying the idea of being busy and take our time back.
Today’s Guest: Bryan Caporicci
Bryan Caporicci is a full-time wedding & portrait photographer in Niagara, Ontario and he is also passionate about helping photographers and creative professionals streamline their business to they can stop with the busy-ness. He runs Sprouting Photographer in addition to his photography business and he just finished developing a tool for photographers called Sprout Studio. Someone with that much on their plate has got to know a thing or two about time management!
In this episode we’ll cover:
- How to stop being busy and start being successful.
- Why busy is often used as a status or excuse.
- The lies we tell ourselves that keep us busy and unproductive.
- How to actually check in with yourself to see if you’re making progress versus just being busy.
- Why multitasking is a bad idea.
- How creating systems can keep you from being uncontrollably busy.
- How to automate and streamline your business so that you can free up your time to do the things that matter.
- The benefits of using an all in one system to manage your work.
- How the tools you use can impact customer experience.
- How Parkinson’s Law is messing up your schedule and how to make it work for you.
Link & Resources mentioned in this episode:
You’re Not Too Busy, You’re Just Not Organizing Your Tasks Properly
Busy Is the New Lazy
The Art & Science of Profitable Pricing & Selling With Ease with Bryan Caporicci
One Simple System That Can Change Your Business & Your Life
Not Every Task Matters
How To Creative Freedom In Your Business & Life
The Redefine Busy Movement
Sprout Studio (you’ve seriously got to check this out, it is awesome.)
My Simple 5 Step System To Attracting Ideal Clients With Your Blog
Join the free Evolve Your Wedding Business Facebook group!
More from Bryan:
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!