Do you know what’s working and what isn’t working in your business? Do you know where your traffic is coming from? According to Brenda Cadman in Episode #6 of the podcast, 48% of wedding business websites don’t have analytics enabled and that’s why today’s interview with Liz Lockard is all about Google Analytics & how to use this great free tool!
Today’s Guest: Liz Lockard
Liz Lockard is a self-confessed Google Analytics nut who loves helping small businesses get more clients & leads out of their website traffic. She is who I always turn to with Google Analytics questions and her analytical mind really shines in this interview. If you enjoy this interview and are interested in more ways you can use Google Analytics to up your marketing game, you can sign up for free training and get on the first-to-know list for her upcoming course Google Analytics: The Missing Manual here: http://www.lizlockard.com/google-analytics-the-missing-manual/
In this episode we’ll cover:
- How Google Analytics allows you to stop guessing about what works
- Why you should set up your Google Analytics account today even if you don’t plan to use it yet.
- Vanity metrics and how to measure what actually matters in your business
- Why Flash-based sites cause problems with Google Analytics tracking
- How to cut the marketing fat
- Setting up goals and tracking conversions
- Which metrics you need to pay attention to and which you can ignore
- How to get automatic reports set to you by email
- Why you shouldn’t make a move online without checking your analytics
- Why you shouldn’t let a 7 year old run your experiments
Resources & Links mentioned in this episode include:
Google Webmaster Tools
How to Set Up Google Analytics Goals & Conversion Tracking
What the Heck is a Bounce Rate?
Yoast Google Analytics Plugin
Liz Lockard’s amazing Google Analytics Installation Guide
Free Google Analytics Quickstart Email Course
Google Analytics: The Missing Manual
End The Overwhelm Marketing MadnessIn 3 Easy Steps With Google Analytics (Free Webinar)
My report that shows you how I schedule my social media posts in just 30 minutes per week
More from Liz
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
What was the thing that stood out most to you about what Liz shared in this podcast?
For me, it was how important it is to focus on the metrics that actually mean something to your business instead of focusing on vanity metrics.
What about you? Leave a comment below!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it! Not sure how? Just watch the video below and I’ll show you!