In this podcast episode you’ll hear directly from a photographer who went through that and rebuilt his website not once, but twice and learned a TON in the process. Now he’s attracting better clients and he’s going to tell you exactly how he did it.
Today’s Guest: Arius Jacks
Arius Jacks is a wedding and portrait photographer based in Sheboygan, WI and is a member of The Wedding Business Collective. He has been married to his wife Angela for almost 11 years now, and they just had their 3rd child (Congrats Arius!).
When he is not behind his camera or working on his business he enjoys spending time with his family, bicycling, and playing guitar.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- How Google’s Mobilegeddon knocked Arius off of the search results.
- What Arius did when leads from Google searches dried up.
- What Arius used to build his website, and rebuild it (twice).
- Why you really need a mobile-friendly website.
- What you should do if you’re in a similar position with your website.
- The importance of getting constructive feedback on your website.
- How Arius got to grips with the WordPress learning curve.
- The differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org and which is better.
- The difference that blogging made for Arius.
- How to climb the Google ranks even after you’ve been knocked back.
- The best tools to help you optimize your website.
- Why Arius now loves WordPress and recommends other wedding professionals use it.
- How testing has helped Arius continue to improve his website.
- How the entire process helped Arius hone in on who his ideal client is.
Links & Resources:
Register for the free webinar: How To Attract Your Ideal Clients
The Evolve Your Wedding Business Facebook group
WordPress tutorials for newbies
Episode 6: Building A Website That Sells With Brenda Cadman
Episode 56: Injecting Your Personality Into Your Business with Kira Hug
Episode 71: Getting To Page 1 Of Google Using Simple SEO With Raymond Hatfield
All In One SEO Pack
Episode 69: Get Your Time Back & Redefine Busy with Bryan Caporicci
My system for getting killer testimonials that Arius uses
37 Practical Blog Post Ideas For Wedding Professionals
Arius’ blog post: Why I didn’t follow my own advice and hire a professional photographer for my wedding
The Wedding Business Collective
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
More from Arius:
Join Arius and I in The Wedding Business Collective!
The Wedding Business Collective a club for talented business owners who are killing it on the creative front but struggling with business strategy and marketing. It has everything you need to build your wedding business in one place along with the personal support to help you implement what you learn.
Too busy? We’ve got you covered. You’ll learn how to get your time back.
The best part? It’s all for less than you pay for your daily lattes from Starbucks, cable TV or that gym membership that you never use but you’ve been meaning to make use of AND you can see if it’s right for you by taking it for a trial run for 10 days.