It isn’t everyone that can make sales feel anything other than gross, but Kendrick Shope does just that. I have had a business crush on Kendrick since I first found her and she did not disappoint in this interview – it’s full of gold nuggets!
Today’s Guest: Kendrick Shope
Kendrick Shope is the Creator of Authentic Selling, a process designed to take the ick out of selling so that you can do more of what you love, make money, and, make a difference. In her previous life, Kendrick worked for 3 Fortune 500 companies and was a top performing sales representative. You can learn more about Authentic Selling at kendrickshope.com or by checking out her awesome weekly video show K TV.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- How selling everything from cookies to lumber to pharmaceuticals made Kendrick a rockstar sales coach.
- How to take the ick out of sales
- Why avoiding sales conversations is doing your potential customers a disservice
- Why you should be guiding the conversation, not your customer
- What a sales guard rail is
- How to handle getting questions about your prices
- How to create non-icky follow ups
- How to plan and track your follow ups
- Why not following up is the same as throwing away money
- The magic line after giving your price that wraps it up into a delicious benefit sandwich
Resources & Links mentioned in this episode include:
Episode #3 with Bryan Caporicci
Why “Sales” Is Not A Bad Word
Marie Forleo on not taking things personally
My report that shows you how I schedule my social media posts in just 30 minutes per week
More from Kendrick
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
Have a question or an idea for a guest or topic you’d like me to cover?
If you have a question that you’d like answered or a suggestion please visit my SpeakPipe Page and quickly and easily record a voicemail question for me to answer for you!
What was the thing that stood out most to you about what Kendrick shared in this podcast?
For me, it was that you can’t control other people’s decisions so you can’t put that burden on yourself. What about you? Leave a comment below!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it! Not sure how? Just watch the video below and I’ll show you!
Register for the free training: How To Create An Overwhelm-Squashing Marketing Plan
Want to make marketing your wedding business easier? This is the training for you!