In this podcast episode you’ll hear from Ashley Miller Robinson about how to avoid the dreaded comparison trap and what to do if you find yourself stuck in it.
Today’s Guest: Ashley Miller Robinson
Ashley Miller Robinson is the Owner and Lead Event Director of Blush Event Company and the Co-Founder of Wedding Creative Sessions. Blush Event Company is an event planning company focused on month-of wedding coordination and marriage proposals. Wedding Creative Sessions are focused-agenda workshops for wedding creatives looking to grow their business in an intimate setting.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- What the comparison trap is and how to avoid getting caught in it
- What Ashley wishes she would have known before starting her business
- Why you need to invest in yourself
- The difference between admiring and being envious
- How to define your own success
- How to find happiness by looking at the end goal of your business
- The myth of having to do it all
- The importance of celebrating your own small accomplishments (like we do in The Wedding Business Collective)
- What to do if you find yourself in the comparison trap
Links & Resources:
The blog post that inspired this conversation: More Weddings Doesn’t = A Better Business
Are You Making Any Money?
Join me at WeddingWire World LA! Use promo code HEIDI2017 to save $50 on your ticket.
The Wedding Business Collective – start your free trial and learn how to use email marketing to book more clients
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
More from Ashley:
Register for the free training: How To Create An Overwhelm-Squashing Marketing Plan
Want to make marketing your wedding business easier? This is the training for you!