What do you do when you realize that your business isn’t making you happy and your brand isn’t really reflecting who you are?
This podcast episode is all about a wedding officiant who went from hating her business to loving it through a process of discovering who she really wanted to work with and shifting her marketing so that she got to work with more of her ideal clients.
Today’s Guest: Marie Burns Holzer
Minister Marie Burns Holzer is a professional love storyteller, AKA wedding officiant, based in Southern California. She started marrying people in 2011 and uses her previous experience in the hospitality industry and as a freelance writer and social media marketer to craft a fun wedding ceremony experience customized to her clients’ personalities, relationship, and values.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- How Marie went from hating her business to loving it and how knowing her ideal client made that possible
- What happens when you realize you’re not happy with the business you’re building
- How to keep things fresh while still targeting your ideal client
- Why incorporating your personality into your brand is so important
- What to do if your marketing feels too corporate or generic
- How to identify your best clients
- The small changes you can make that will make a big difference in the type of clients you’ll attract
- The fears that come with bringing your personality into your business
- The importance of asking yourself “How do you want to feel in your business?”
Register for the free training: How To Squash Overwhelm With A Marketing Plan
Want to make marketing your wedding business easier? This is the webinar for you!
Links & Resources:
Get your copy of the Clone Your Best Clients book!
How To Book More Weddings With Instagram With Marie Burns Holzer
Have your own CEO Date
How to reframe failure
Sally Hogshead’s personality test
Myers Briggs test
Bethel Nathan Ceremonies
The Wedding Business Collective – start your free trial!
More from Marie:
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!