You might know that Pinterest is big for weddings. Well turns out big is an understatement. Weddings are HUGE on Pinterest and today we’re going to talk about how you can benefit from that.
Today’s Guest: Beth Hayden
Today I’m talking to Beth Hayden, a well-known author, speaker and social media expert who literally wrote the book on Pinterest. Her in-depth book on Pinterest marketing, “Pinfluence: The Complete Guide to Marketing Your Business with Pinterest” has been featured in media outlets all over the world, including Fast Company and Entrepreneur magazines. Beth is a senior staff writing for Copyblogger Media and works with all kinds of businesses to help them define and implement effective Pinterest marketing strategies. If you think you don’t have time for another social media platform, this episode is for you.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- Exactly how important Pinterest is for wedding businesses & why
- The top mistakes that people make with Pinterest
- How to create your own Pinterest marketing strategy
- Why all of your boards should not be about what you do
- What makes a “pinnable” image
- Great free tools for creating graphics (even if you have no design skills)
- How to encourage people to pin your images
Resources & links mentioned in this episode include:
- Pinfluence: The Complete Guide to Marketing Your Business with Pinterest
- Beth’s record-breaking Copyblogger post
- Google Analytics
- Pinterest Pin It Button For Images (I use this on my site)
- Premium Pinterest Plugin
- Beth’s free Pinterest Marketing Guide
More from Beth:
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
What was the thing that stood out most to you about what Beth shared in this podcast?
For me, it was how we need to be thinking beyond what we do for Pinterest board ideas. That’s good advice for all types of marketing.
What about you? Leave a comment below!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it! Not sure how? Just watch the video below and I’ll show you!