Welcome to the inaugural episode of The Evolve Your Wedding Business Podcast! I am so excited! Together, we’re going to evolve your wedding business into a business that gives you the freedom you want and the clients you love working with. Ready? Let’s get to it!
Today’s Guest: Jared Bauman
Jared is a Co-Founder and President of ShootDotEdit, the premium post processing company for professional wedding photographers worldwide. In 2002, Jared created Bauman Photographers, a Southern California photography studio that now produces over 75 weddings and 1,000 corporate head-shots annually. Bauman Photographers has established itself as one of the most successful examples of a customer-focused associate model, and after 11 years of profitable growth, Jared sold Bauman Photographers in 2012.
Jared has got some brilliant insights on outsourcing, time management and developing systems in your business so that you have time to go out and make more money. Even if you’re not a photographer, you’ll learn a LOT from this episode.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- How Jared created ShootDotEdit because he and his photographer friends were doing nothing but editing and had no time to grow their businesses.
- How outsourcing works & why it is so important.
- The “Zone Of Genius”.
- How to get over the mental hurdles associated with outsourcing.
- What sort of tasks you should create a system for and how to create them.
- How you can use template emails to streamline things.
- Why waiting until you’re overwhelmed and too busy is not a good time to look for an outsourcing partner.
- How outsourcing can actually allow you to make more money.
Resources & links mentioned in this episode include:
- ShootDotEdit blog which has lots of great business & time management posts: www.shootdotedit.com/blog
More from Jared:
Jared is offering his Unlimited Plan which covers custom color correction (that you work with them to define) for an unlimited number of events for 12 months – each of which can have up to 700 images! Think about all the time that could save you. He’s even worked out a deal with Adobe so that you’ll get a 1 year subscription to Adobe’s Creative Cloud for free! Click here to take advantage of this offer!
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
What was the thing that stood out most to you about what Jared shared in this podcast?
For me, it was how Jared makes a point to position ShootDotEdit as a partner and works with photographers in that style. That’s something we could all put in place with our customers.
What about you? Leave a comment below
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it! Not sure how? Just watch the video below and I’ll show you!
Register for the free training: How To Squash Overwhelm With A Marketing Plan
Want to make marketing your wedding business easier? This is the webinar for you!