Are you attracting your ideal clients? Are you really standing out to them as the go-to person for them or are you fighting to stand out from your competitors?
Two very important things to help you stand out and attract your ideal clients are oft forgotten and neglected. Those two things are brand voice and copywriting. With these two tools in your arsenal, you’ll be able to attract more of your ideal clients who are ready and willing to pay higher prices to work with you and don’t think twice about signing on the dotted line. In this episode, we’re getting into what you can do with your words to turn yourself into an ideal client magnet. The best part? You don’t have to be an impeccable writer to do it!
Today’s Guest: Ashlyn Carter
Ashlyn Carter serves creative women as a copywriter & calligrapher. Leaving her job in corporate mass media and marketing two years ago, she’s traded clients like Delta Air Lines and Chick-fil-A to build a multiple six-figure business writing conversion copy for entrepreneurs like Jenna Kutcher, Melyssa Griffin, Hilary Rushford, The Bachelorette’s Desiree Hartsock, and more than 78 other clients. Some of the launches in her copywriting portfolio have generated more than $421K in revenue. She’s been a featured speaker with Creative Live, and her calligraphy has been featured in Style Me Pretty, The Knot, and Southern Weddings. Ashlyn lives in Atlanta and convinces her husband to go grab margs and tacos weekly.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- What copywriting and brand voice are and why they’re so important
- Why you need to identify the difference you make
- A practical way to explain what you do so everyone understands what you do and why it matters
- How to weave story into your copywriting
- The role of anchoring in sales
- The difference between features & benefits and when to use each
- How to write killer package and service descriptions that make people want to hire you
- How to hone your own voice
- Why sales is like dating
- Why you shouldn’t stop being yourself to work with high-end clientele
- How brand voice works in the luxury market
- How to harness your onlyness factor
- How to make yourself the go-to person for your ideal client
- Why you should never start with a blank page when writing copy
- Why you should use your best clients’ words in your marketing and how to do that
Start your free 10 day trial to The Wedding Business Collective!
Everything you need to grow your wedding business is waiting for you inside!
Links & Resources:
Start your free 10-day trial to The Wedding Business Collective and get access to Ashlyn’s Copywriting Expert Masterclass!
Take Ashlyn’s Brand Voice Quiz!
Master Your Elevator Pitch: How To Explain What You Do In 5 Steps
Clone Your Best Clients
More from Ashlyn:
Want more? To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below and be sure to leave a review:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!