Business planning sounds boring and some people make it boring but Michelle Loretta of Sage Wedding Pros has a way of making it so much more interesting and useful. You can create a business plan that doesn’t just sit and collect dust and Michelle is here to tell you how.
Today’s Guest: Michelle Loretta
Michelle helps small business owners in the wedding industry with their business planning with Sage Wedding Pros. Her particular strength is in financial analysis. Hidden in financial info are always opportunities for improvement and growth. She loves being able to help with the “mystery of numbers” and make business owners confident in their business finances. Sage Wedding Pros are creators of The Simple Plan business planning education, and The People Plan Human Resources Toolbox.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- Why the process of business planning is more important than the plan itself
- How businesses that have been around for awhile can benefit from creating a business plan
- The difference between creating a business plan for yourself and creating a business plan for a bank
- How writing a business plan forces you to look at your business and the numbers
- How to set up a review process to make sure your plan is serving you
- How to set goals and stay accountable
- The 4 key parts of any business plan and what they need to contain
- Michelle’s 12 Folders system
- How to track your cash flow and pay yourself
Resources & Links mentioned in this episode include:
My Inner Circle Sage Wedding Pros Toolbox (all sorts of great templates & tools) How to conduct your own SWOT analysis 3 Strategies For Paying Yourself Accounting 101 For Wedding Professionals Cash Flow Planning Be Sage Conference My report that shows you how I schedule my social media posts in just 30 minutes per week
More from Michelle
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
Have a question or an idea for a guest or topic you’d like me to cover?
If you have a question that you’d like answered or a suggestion please visit my SpeakPipe Page and quickly and easily record a voicemail question for me to answer for you!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it! Not sure how? Just watch the video below and I’ll show you! http://vimeo.com/84858930