Whether you’re making a conscious effort to improve it or not, SEO has a big impact on your wedding business. If you want more couples to be able to find you and book you, spending time on your SEO is a must! Today’s guest helps wedding and creative businesses with their SEO and she’s sharing exactly what you need to know to get found in Google.
Today’s Guest: Madeleine Jones
Maddy Jones is affectionately known as the SEO Queen. Her mission is to help passionate creative women get more visible online and grow their businesses by leaving Confusionville for dust and effortlessly attracting and booking the perfect clients. When she gets hold of your business, it’s like a glitter bomb goes off. You can find her on Instagram or in her lively Facebook group So Exciting Obviously SEO for Creative Women.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- What has changed in SEO
- Why the trend of wedding professionals relying on social media is dangerous
- How to drive traffic to your website
- Why your website should be your best employee
- The importance of owning your own platform
- How to use keywords on your website
- How to do keyword research
- The importance of knowing your ideal client to improve your SEO
- How many keyword phrases you need
- Types of blog posts to write for SEO
- Why photographers should be using 30 or fewer photos in a blog post
- Why you need a FAQ page
- The importance of optimizing your images
- How alt text and image titles impact your SEO
- How SEO fits into your overall business strategy
- What to look for in Google Analytics
- Why gratitude helps your business
Start your free 10 day trial to The Wedding Business Collective!
Everything you need to grow your wedding business is waiting for you inside!
Links & Resources:
Episode #82: Simple Ways To Improve Your SEO & Make Google Love You with Madeleine Jones
Yoast SEO Plugin
Social Warfare Plugin
Episode #71: Getting To Page 1 Of Google Using Simple SEO With Raymond Hatfield
Episode #102: Profitable Secrets Google Analytics Has For Your Business with Shea Bailey
Maddy’s link tagging guide
Maddy’s Let Get You Found SEO Program
More from Madeleine:
Want more? To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below and be sure to leave a review:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!