Is your wedding business LGBTQ inclusive? It is entirely possible for you to personally support the LGBTQ community and want to be inclusive but actually be repelling LGBTQ couples with your business. It’s not intentional and it’s not uncommon but the good news is there are things you can do to be more intentionally inclusive. In this episode, we’re digging into why inclusivity matters and how to actually apply it in your wedding business.
Today’s Guest: Marie Burns Holzer
Marie Burns Holzer is a wedding officiant/celebrant with roughly 1 in 8 of her nearly 900 weddings performed serving the LGBTQ+ community. She is a minister serving the “spiritual but not religious” set while also bringing humanity and practical spirituality into coaching entrepreneurs and small businesses on how to up their game.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- What inclusivity is and how to be more inclusive in your wedding business
- How to avoid tokenism
- Why inclusivity matters
- Why it’s important to ask about preferred pronouns
- What to do if you mess up
- How traditional gender norms exclude a lot of people
- Why you should review your contracts and forms for gendered language
- The impact your website imagery has on how couples perceive you
- How to audit your imagery for inclusivity
- How to be inclusive with your imagery even if you’ve never worked with a couple in the LGBTQ community
- What to do if your area isn’t very diverse
- Creative ways you can use blog posts to attract your ideal client
- Why you should let your personality shine through
Register for the upcoming live free training: How To Make Marketing Your Wedding Business Easier & More Effective
Want to make marketing your wedding business easier AND get better results? This is the free training for you!
Links & Resources:
Episode 116: Using Instagram To Attract Your Ideal Client & Book Weddings with Marie Burns Holzer
Episode 96: How Finding Your Ideal Client Can Take You From Hating To Loving Your Business With Marie Burns Holzer
Episode 77: How To Book More Weddings With Instagram With Marie Burns Holzer
6 Huge Benefits Of Doing A Styled Shoot
Episode 128: How Bipolar Disorder Made Me A Better Business Owner & Dealing With Mental Health Issues
What Having Bipolar Disorder Has Taught Me About Business
Clone Your Best Clients
More from Marie:
Want more? To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below and be sure to leave a review:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!