The power of branding to help you grow your wedding business and attract clients truly can’t be understated. When you have a solid brand you can tap into emotion so you suddenly become so much more than a photographer or a planner. Today’s podcast guest has built several brands and has learned so many lessons in the process. He has also been able to successfully tap into LinkedIn, an overlooked social media platform when it comes to creatives, and create win-win joint venture partnerships that generate as much as 30k per year.
Today’s Guest: Jeff Brown
Jeff served for over 9 years as a Royal Navy Photographer, a job that came with a great deal of responsibility, as well as photographing several members of the British Royal Family and heads of State. Just eighteen months after leaving the forces he had a six-figure turnover wedding photography company and a successful commercial photography company. Plus, a separate school photography business with sixty nursery schools on our books.
Two years later he formed a Boudoir Makeover company with his Make-up Artist business partner Marissa Bennett, turning over 1,000 boudoir shoots per year. How was he able to achieve so much in a short space of time, the answer is simple. Marketing. Today a large proportion of his time is spent delivering FREE tips and advice to over 60,000 followers worldwide, helping fellow photographers in 21 countries build an awesome brand and market their businesses online.
Jeff still runs a wedding photography business, and writes for several industry magazines as well as being a partner in Successful Photography USA, He is also an Ambassador for Marketing at the British Photography Awards and also the Photographers Social Club in the US.
He teaches and mentors photographers One 2 One on his My Six Steps to Success Program as well as heading up The Awesome Photographers Private Facebook Group. He wrote a best-selling book on LinkedIn for Photographers (The Photographers Missing Link-edIn) and he is now in the process of writing a second book on The Photographers Blueprint to Success.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- How Jeff transferred from Navy photography to starting his own photography business
- Why you shouldn’t be a general photographer
- Why knowing your ideal client is important
- How to outsource
- How to connect your personal story to your brand story
- How to incorporate your personality into your brand
- How do you want people to feel?
- Choosing the right photos for social media and for your website
- Addressing concerns and objections on your website
- Building a business around lifestyle
- How to use LinkedIn to get more clients
- How to tap into emotional purchases
- How Jeff created joint ventures with vendors
- How to stay top of mind with vendor partners
- How to build relationships on LinkedIn
- Why you should always give before you ask for anything
Want to make your marketing easier & more effective?
Links & Resources:
How You Can Use the Secret Behind the iPod’s Success in your Business
Episode 73: How To Rock Your Next Wedding Fair With Keneshia Raymond
Episode 91: How Your Brand Rules Your Wedding Business With Amanda Shuman
Clone Your Best Clients
More from Jeff:
Want more? To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below and be sure to leave a review:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!