As an entrepreneur and wedding business owner, you can create anything. That’s exactly what Nicole Bruce did when she created her multi-state wedding photography business and now it has grown to a team of over 70 and she only works 15 hours per week. How incredible is that?! It just goes to show that you can create anything you want with your business. In this episode, you’ll learn how Nicole went about creating her unique business and how she structured it around the life she wanted to have.
Today’s Guest: Nicole Bruce
Nicole Bruce is a young entrepreneur and owner of one of the largest wedding photography companies in the United States. Currently operating with 70 members on her team, she is constantly growing to new states and doubling to tripling her size. In addition, she also conducts The Mentor Project for photographers and creatives, where she teaches (for free / affordably) how they too can work from home full time.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- The catalyst that made Nicole start her business
- Her photographers don’t have to worry about the business side
- The importance of branding
- Why you should serve 2 different types of brides
- Why you should thoroughly spell out client experience/process
- The way Nicole formulates business models
- Allow the team of photographers to choose the schedule
- How booking works
- How she decides where to expand to
- The challenges of being multi-state
- How she keeps expenses down
- The importance of systems/processes/automation
- Balancing expenses with time and cost
- How she finds and hires her team
- How she brought her husband into the business
- The challenges of working with your spouse
- The challenges of traveling for weddings
Want to make your marketing easier & more effective?
Links & Resources:
Episode 130: How Systems & Mindset Both Massively Impact Your Wedding Business with Lauren Dragon-Cook
Episode 112: Why Systems Are Sexy & Can Transform Your Wedding Business
Clone Your Best Clients
More from Nicole:
Want more? To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below and be sure to leave a review:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!