Pinterest and Instagram can be incredibly marketing channels for your wedding business because they’re so visual and that’s definitely something our industry excels at! But how do you build and grow on Instagram & Pinterest? What should you post? What types of content work best on each platform?
Today’s guest, Melissa Megginson of Tailwind, is sharing so much helpful information on how you can use Pinterest & Instagram to attract & book your ideal clients! Tailwind is sponsoring Book More Weddings Summit so you can grab a free trial & $30 credit for a paid plan when you sign up for a new account at www.bookmoreweddingssummit.com/tailwind!
Today’s Guest: Melissa Megginson
Melissa Megginson is Community Manager and resident Cat Lady at Tailwind, the leading visual marketing tool for brands. As Community Manager at Tailwind, it is her job to make Tailwind’s members look GOOD and find success in their marketing efforts. In her 7 years at Tailwind, Melissa has won an ADDY award worked with major brands like Adobe and JCPenney, and recently graduated with an MBA from the University of Oklahoma. Find her on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram at @MelMegg.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- The importance of consistency on Instagram & Pinterest
- How to figure out what content to create for Instagram & Pinterest
- The importance of analytics
- When to post on Instagram & Pinterest
- How to think about Instagram hashtags
- Types of content to create
- Why you have to experiment
- Types of content doing really well on Instagram & Pinterest
- Why you should create niche boards on Pinterest
- How to determine what your goals should be on Instagram & Pinterest
- How to tailor content to each platform
- How often to post on Instagram & Pinterest
- Who you can target with Pinterest ads
Get Your Free Ticket To Book More Weddings Summit!
Join us for a free, 5-day, online, value-packed summit where you'll learn from 26 wedding experts!
Links & Resources:
More from Melissa:
Want more? To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below and be sure to leave a review:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!