You’ve probably heard that you should have a blog on your website and you’ve probably thought that sounds like a whole lot of work you don’t like doing and for what? Well, your blog posts can be incredible lead generators for you and if you want to book more weddings, you should definitely have an active blog designed to attract leads to you. It’s actually not as complicated as it sounds and in this podcast episode, our guest is breaking down exactly how to use blog posts to generate more leads and get more bookings.
Today’s Guest: Natasha Johnson
Natasha Johnson is the Founder of the Celebrants Collective. A modern membership platform for career development and business support, that helps wedding celebrants around the world to strive for awesomeness on all levels. She’s also the host of the Celebrant Survival Podcast, a celebrant mentor and educator and as if she’s not doing enough already, she’s also the editor of the award-winning, ceremony-focused wedding blog, Engaged and Ready.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- The common myths about blogging
- Why you should have a blog and how often you should post
- The right way to blog for your wedding business
- How to avoid spending too much time on posts that won’t drive traffic to your site
- Topics that bring leads to your website
- How to think about Instagram hashtags
- Why you should focus on geographically-specific topics
- How your blog can build trust with potential clients
- How your blog positions you as an expert
- Why you should let your personality shine in your blog posts
- The importance of calls-to-action
- Why you shouldn’t just post real wedding blog posts
- How to turn real wedding posts into lead generators
- How long your blog posts should be and how many images they should contain
- How you can repurpose your blog post content
- The importance of having a marketing plan
Want to make your marketing easier & more effective?
Links & Resources:
Book More Weddings Summit
Free Training: How To Squash Overwhelm With A Marketing Plan
37 Practical Blog Post Ideas For Wedding Professionals
How To Use Your Blog To Make More Sales with Lacy Boggs
What’s The Point Of Email Marketing?
Getting To Page 1 Of Google Using Simple SEO With Raymond Hatfield
3 Tips for Blogging for SEO (Even if You Hate Writing!) with Sara Dunn
More from Natasha:
Want more? To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below and be sure to leave a review:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!