Planning & goal setting are activities that most people reserve for December or even January, but if you don’t start thinking about it now, you’re more likely to not do it at all. That’s bad for you and your business because you can’t reach your goals without knowing what they are and how you’ll reach them. I want you to have the best year ever in your business next year so I’ve got some questions for you to start asking yourself now.
In this episode we’ll cover these questions:
- What do you want from your business other than an income? (This will guide your goals)
Looking back on 2014
- What did you accomplish this year?
- What did you want to accomplish this year but didn’t? Why not?
- What did you learn about yourself, your business and your market (your customers)?
- What were your biggest frustrations?
- What can you do to avoid those frustrations next year?
- What was your revenue this year?
- How many weddings/clients/sales did you have?
- What is your average sale worth? (To figure this out, take your total revenue and divide by the number of clients you had)
- How much of your revenue was spent on expenses?
- Were all of these expenses worth it? (This is where you’ll find any unnecessary expenses that you can cut)
- What was your profit this year? (Traditionally this is revenue – expenses but you’ll learn a different way of doing this in my upcoming interview with Mike Michalowicz, best selling author of the book Profit First)
Looking ahead to 2015
- How much money do you want to make in 2015?
- What changes will you need to make to achieve that goal?
- What other goals do you have for your business?
- What is your game plan for making it happen?
- What do you need to learn to achieve your goals?
- What help will you need?
- What will you do each month to move you closer to your goals? (Get specific!)
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it! Not sure how? Just watch the video below and I’ll show you!