Today’s Guest: Raymond Hatfield
Raymond Hatfield is a lifestyle and documentary wedding photographer who enjoys a good laugh, spending time outside, and sometimes thinks a cold beer is the right answer.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- The exact steps Raymond took to climb the Google ranks.
- The 3 keys to rocking your SEO.
- How Google works and how to work with it instead of trying to outsmart it.
- The role of blogging in your SEO strategy.
- The surprisingly simple strategy that Raymond uses to delight his clients and create content that gets shared on social media.
- The WordPress vs Squarespace debate.
- Why sounding like a human is so important to Google rankings.
- Why you should blog even if you’re terrible at writing and how Raymond does it.
- How to track your SEO progress.
- How to use Google Analytics to help you track your SEO progress.
- How to get started even if you don’t know a thing about SEO.
- Why it’s so important to just keep moving forward and keep learning.
Link & Resources mentioned in this episode:
Try Animoto and get your first month free by clicking here. If you love and want to keep using it use the code evolve16 to get 15% off.
Episode #7 Getting Your Head Around Google Analytics With Liz Lockard
Episode #6 Building A Website That Sells With Brenda Cadman
Episode #22: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) For Wedding Professionals With Zach Prez
Create your own Google Analytics dashboard
How to add an annotation to your Google Analytics timeline
Raymond’s Complete Guide to Finding the Perfect Wedding Photographer for you (this is an excellent post and a great example of a blog post that attracts potential clients)
Why mobilegeddon is the best thing that could happen for new photographers
The Wedding Photographers Guide to Animoto (if you want to use Animoto sign up using this link to get your first month free)
Find out more about The Wedding Business Collective!
My Simple 5 Step System To Attracting Ideal Clients With Your Blog
Join the free Evolve Your Wedding Business Facebook group!
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
More from Raymond:
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes (You’ll just need to click the blue “View In iTunes” button and then click the Subscribe button when your iTunes opens.)
And please take 2 minutes to leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! Thank you – I appreciate it!
Register for the free training: How To Squash Overwhelm With A Marketing Plan
Want to make marketing your wedding business easier? This is the webinar for you!