Blogging isn’t just for getting traffic to your website, it can actually be a fantastic sales tool.
In this podcast episode you’ll hear from Lacy Boggs, a content strategist and bestselling author about how to close the gap between your blog and sales. Get ready to get real strategic with this one!
Today’s Guest: Lacy Boggs
Lacy Boggs is a content marketing strategist, author of the bestselling book, “Make a Killing With Content,” and director of The Content Direction Agency. She teaches small businesses and solopreneurs to drive their own content marketing with strategies and frameworks that make content easier and more effective to produce and close the gap between content and sales. Check out her free resource library at lacyboggs.com/library.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- Why blogs matter.
- Why you need a goal for each of your blog posts.
- How to use blogging to get traffic.
- Why traffic is not the end goal.
- How to take your traffic and convert them into email subscribers. (Need a primer on email marketing? Click here)
- How to create desire with your blog.
- The AIDA formula and how to use it.
- Examples of what to write about for each state of your potential client’s journey.
- What to do if you think you’re a bad writer.
- Why you need “frienemies”.
- How your blog fits into your sales process.
Links & Resources:
Lacy’s book: Make a Killing With Content is available on Amazon and the multimedia pack is available on Lacy’s site
Lacy’s Podcast: P.S. You Got This!
How email marketing works and how it connects the dots between your website/blog and your sales
Lacy’s amazing post: 201 Practical Business Blog Ideas You Can Write And When To Use Them
What’s The Point? A Wedding Business Strategy Series
If You’re Not Blogging, You’re Missing Out On Business
The Wedding Business Collective
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
More from Lacy:
Not sure where to start with email marketing?
You’re going to need an email marketing service in order to set up anything. The good news is there is a huge variety of them available. The bad news is that having a huge variety can be very overwhelming. That’s why I’ve created the Email Marketing Services Comparison Guide for you and it’s totally free!
Register for the free training: How To Squash Overwhelm With A Marketing Plan
Want to make marketing your wedding business easier? This is the webinar for you!