In this podcast episode you’ll hear from Madeleine Jones about common mistakes wedding professionals make with SEO and 5 things you can improve today!
Today’s Guest: Madeleine Jones
Madeleine Jones, better known as Maddy is the go to girl in the wedding and creative world for SEO and copywriting. Her passion for what she does and her attention to detail along with her sense of fun forms a package that will make you wonder how you did things before she came along. Nicknamed by her clients as a unicorn, a guru and the “Queen of SEO” she writes, blogs and consults on SEO to a long list of wedding businesses in all corners of the globe.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- What is SEO and what is a search engine?
- 4 common mistakes most people make with SEO
- Why SEO is not just about your website
- How to submit your site to Google
- The importance of blogging for SEO
- What you need to know about submitting your site to directories
- The 5 ranking factors you can improve today
- How social media factors into SEO
- Why page speed matters for your SEO and how to speed your site up
- The big mistakes wedding professionals make with photos that sabotage their SEO
Links & Resources:
Submit your sitemap to Google
Google My Business
Mobile Friendly Test
How to use Pinterest to get more business
How one photographer fell off Google and rebuilt his website and SEO
How simply making the photo changes we talked about got one photographer to page 1 of Google
The Wedding Business Collective – start your free trial
Did you enjoy this episode? Share the love with your fellow wedding professionals on Twitter by clicking here!
More from Maddy:
Register for the free training: How To Create An Overwhelm-Squashing Marketing Plan
Want to make marketing your wedding business easier AND get better results? This free training will show you how!